Sewing Teaches Kids How To Care For The Planet
The problem with the world today is that we waste more than we need to. And then to top it all we buy more than we need. This puts a heavy burden on the planet’s natural resources and also leads to all the garbage we see around us.
Here are a few ways that sewing will help you save the world.
1. Recycle: If you know how to sew you will see how easy it is to recycle things. You can take old t shirts and make dusters that can be used around the house, to clean the car and even to mop up spills. Long pants that have gone short can be made into cool cargoes.
2. Add a new life: You can take that old pair of jeans and give them a new life. Sure torn distressed jeans are the in thing. But after a while they just start falling apart. If you sew you can not only increase their life but also make them unique with small embellishments.
3. Say no To Plastic: This is probably the most important step we all have to take. We need to stop using plastic. To do this we need an alternative. Sewing again comes to the rescue. You can start making shopping bags out of all the old and extra material you have lying around. Mix and match. Make patchwork designs. They will all be great because they are helping you say No to plastic.
4. Sewing shows you care: When you sew you make things that are a part of your life. It shows you care and have taken the time to make something special. These things are real treasures. They are kept forever and never thrown away.
Kids that Sew make a difference :
When you teach your child how to sew you not only give him or her a skill but you also show them how to value things and make them last. They get a new respect for what they see and also have to ability to put to use things that would have otherwise ended up in a landfill. Kids that sew look at old clothes very differently. While a mother might see a shirt that needs to be thrown away a girl with the ability to sew sees a blank canvas to express herself on. She can see how to cut off the sleeves and hem them in. How to add bits of bling… Basically she can see how to give that old shirt a new life.
Learn and Create in the most fun way
At www.ushasew.com we teach you how to sew in the most fun and interesting way. We have videos that are informative and easy to follow. Projects that push your new skills and are rewarding.
To Learn And Create you need to start with the basics. Once you are adept at them you get to use your new skill and create wonderful things. The videos where you start making things are called projects. And we have lots of them to keep you excited and involved.
To give you an idea of the learning process here is how you start:
- Right at the beginning you learn How to set up your Sewing Machine.
- Then you move onto developing your skills by Sewing on Paper Yes paper! This is the best way to develop control and precision.
- Once you have practiced this you move on and Learn how to Sew on fabric.
- Only after you have understood these basic steps do you get to a project. And the first one is pretty interesting.
- The first project that you make is a Bookmark It is simple, easy to make and will not take more than an hour. You will find this project really rewarding. And it will spur you on to the next lesson.
All these lesson and videos are available in 9 Indian Languages. So find the one that you are most comfortable with before you start.
Usha Has The Machine For You.
At Usha we have created a range of Sewing Machines that covers every type of user. From the absolute beginner to the most seasoned professional, we have a machine for you. Check out our range and see the one that fits your needs the nest. If you need to speak to our customer care people, they will give you all the information you need. Go through our range at www.ushasew.com , see what you like and then find a Usha store close to you using the store locator on our website.
We would love to see what all you create once you start sewing.
Once you do start sewing we would love to see your creations. Please do share them with us on any of our social network pages. – (Facebook), (Instagram), (Twitter), (Youtube). Tell us why you made it, who was it for and how you made it special.
Now it is going to be a long summer so we suggest that you stay at home where it is cool and start your lessons straight away.